Confidentiality refers to the aspect that it is ensured that a message can only be viewed by the group of people intended for it and remains protected from outside access or publication.
- We encrypt all connections between the client, i.e. your end device, and our servers with TLS (better known under the name of the previous version SSL). This prevents user input and data from being tapped on the transport route.
- ISO certification: The data center used by Echometer is located in Germany and is ISO 27001 certified.
- Internal security guidelines: secure passwords for all accounts, key authentication on servers. Wherever possible, all accounts with access to personal data are protected with 2-factor authentication.
Integrity is about the fact that information can only be written and modified by the intended people.
- Access to data is only possible via password-protected accounts.
- We use hashing with current and secure methods (PBKDF2) with different salts to encrypt passwords, so even if our data leaks, no password can be extracted, not even with hashtables.
- Basically, it depends on you how strong your password is: In order to support you in creating the password, we provide information when registering what a relatively secure password can look like.
Availability describes the extent to which a system is able to implement the requirements received by the user within a limited period of time.
- Continuous monitoring of our systems enables us to intervene quickly in the event of malfunctions.
- Automated regular backups ensure the availability of your data. Backups are regularly checked for recoverability.